Join us as we "Dash to End Domestic Violence!"
The Purple 5k Dash to End Domestic Violence is a 5k novelty race for novices as well as serious runners. Come in your finest purple!
All ages are welcome.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NY
Saturday, October 18, 2014 @ 9am
This run is part of KAFSC’s campaign to draw awareness on domestic violence during the month of October for Domestic Violence Awareness month. By joining in this event you are part of bringing a stronger awareness to this serious issue.
All proceeds from runners’ fundraising will go towards our domestic violence prevention and intervention programs.
- A 24-Hour Bilingual Crisis Hotline (718-460-3800)
- Transitional Housing
- Individual & Family Counseling
- Legal/Medical/Social Service Advocacy
- Self-Sufficiency Program to help clients with job readiness skills
- Support groups like Wish Group for single mothers and their children
- Rainbow House Shelter
- Hodori After-school Program for children K-8th grade
- Youth leadership (YCPT)
- Unni-Hyung Mentoring program
- Community Outreach & Education
All runners are required to raise a minimum amount for KAFSC by the race date.
Runners are responsible for the balance if the goal is not reached.
Adults (18 and up) $250
Youth (17 and under) $100
Register at www.kafsc.org/run
Participants will receive a race t-shirt, a purple water bottle and granola bars sponsored by KIND.